Tuesday, 15 October 2013

How to handle criticism

  • Listen to what is said.
  • Stay calm.
  • Don't take it personally.
  • See it from another point of view.
  • Learn from it to improve your work in the future.
  • It can allow you to open up to other perspectives.
  • Helps you to deal with problem solving in the future.
  • Can help teach you when you are criticising others. How to say it the right way without offending them.
  • Receiving feedback will remind you that it is okay to have flaws.


I really appreciate criticism with my work as at least I know I won't make a fool of myself if it's not 100% right. When I first got minor negative criticism during my time at University I did take it to heart especially as through college my work just got better and better but perhaps I didn't get the right criticism at college. But of course everyone has their own opinions when it comes to art.

BUT remember...

...whoever is giving you criticism about your work only wants the best for you and to bring the best you can do within your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...